- 1977-1998 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This series is mostly comprised of photocopies of journal articles. Ther are some ephemeral items. A few have marking up and/or handwritten annotations:
• Art Gallery program: Burnings by Lilla Watson at Jagera Arts Centre.
• Photocopy of two chapters from: Cowan J (1989) Mysteries of the Dreaming : the spiritual life of Australian Aborigines, Prism Press, Bridport; Unity Press, Lindfield, NSW. [2001 edition held in UQL]
• Invitation to 'The Nurenderi Aboriginal Art Expo', 12 Dec 1983, featuring 'Nurenderi' the artist and 'Budger' Davidson the write. Exhibition titled 'Biamie - Father of Aboriginal Nation'.
• Photocopy of map of Australian Aboriginal language and people boundaries with text surrounding, which is from: Steele JG (1984) Aboriginal pathways in Southeast Queensland and the Richmond River, University of Queensland Press, St. Lucia ; London ; New York.
• Photocopy of article with a post it note to Muriel Langford from Ron and Sue: Trudinger, M (1996) 'Albert Namatjira, my family, racism, and me', Dulwich Centre Newsletter, no. 4, pp. 17-24; 8 leaves.
• Photocopy of a chapter 'Cicada Woman' from an unknown book; stamp of first page for the Aboriginal & Islander Independent Community School.
• Photocopy of a poem 'Peace march' by Sue Parritt, 16 Apr 1987, 1 leaf.
• Photocopy of a handwritten explanation of the Aboriginal flag, author unknown, undated, 1 leaf.
• Photocopy of a paper: Lilla Watson - Women in Labour Conference, 13-15 July, 1984. Aboriginal perspectives of Australian Feminism. 1 leaf.
• Photocopy of a paper 'Alcohol and the Aborigines : the problem in perspective' by JN Santamaria; this paper was delivered during the course of the 1975 Summer School of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 8 leaves.
• Photocopy of handwritten notes entitled 'What is culture', undated, 1 leaf.
• Fax copy of: Holt, L (1972) 'The black woman in Australia', Identity, v.1, no. 6, pp 24-27. On reverse of pages is a handwritten letter and typescript response to letter.
• 'Aboriginal Newsletter' calling for submissions to the Review of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975; 1983, 1 leaf.
• Flyer for the lunch time meeting 'Towards a new understanding of women and work' by Sydney Brown, 31 Aug 1983, organised by Catholic, Anglican and Uniting Church Task Groups, 2 pages.
• Photocopy of two pages (numbered 56 and 57) of an article by Jackie Huggins 'Queensland : Is the clock still back 100 years?' which appears in her book Sister girl. This is not from that book and is incomplete.
• Photocopy of an article from the Courier Mail on Jacqui Payne with an typescript analysis, 2 leaves.
• Thirteen pages (first 2 pages missing) of (possibly) a newsletter from a Queensland Women's group based in West End.
• Photocopy of poem by Margaret Armstrong 'Aboriginal Women's Spirituality', 28 Sep 1993.
• Bulletin, 1993, 5 Oct. This issue has an article about Oodgeroo Noonuccal.
• Part of dust jacket which mentions Waipuldanya (Phillip Roberts) from: Lockwood D (1962) I, the aboriginal., Rigby, Adelaide.
• Incomplete magazine/booklet about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, with covers and first and last page/pages missing; undated.
• Photocopy of 'Draft presentation on a covenant to the U.C.A. assembly - May 1988', 6 pages, date in top right-hand corner 27 Jan 1988.
• Press conference with the Minister for Aboriginal Affairs, Mr Clyde Holding and the Secretary of the Department of Aboriginal Affairs, Mr Charles Perkins. 29/3/84, 2 pages, 1984.
• Brown, JP (1984?) 'Racism, migration and land rights', Supplement to the UC National News Network. 4 pages, undated. Stamp on first page 'Supplement to Queensland Friends' Newsletter'.
• Flyer: Musgrave Park National Black Unity Cultural Festival; 1 leaf, Oct 1982.
• Photocopy of an article on Lillian Holt, from ADC news, undated, p. 13. Attached is a post-it note: 'Muriel, Thought you might be interested. Cheers, Pam".
• Photocopy of article in unknown publication. Title of article: 'Oodgeroo a visionary, poet and gentlewoman' by Ken blanch. 1 leaf, undated.
• Sydney regional newsletter of the religious society of friends, Feb 1998. Handwritten mark ups and a couple of notes.
• Harambee, 6 (2), 1997.
• Photocopy from National Outlook, August 1977, pp. 12-13. Page 12 has 'An open letter to the Prime Minister of Australia' written by Pauline and George Small; page 13 has a poem by Pauline Small 'To the mother of my son'.
• Queensland Friends' Newsletter, issue no. 266, March 1998.
• Pages 11 and 12, removed from a newsletter with article entitled on page 12: 'Myths about the Australian Aboriginal People'; article is from: Australia. Office of the Minister for Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander Affairs (1992) Rebutting the myths : some facts about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs, AGPS, Canberra.
• Photocopy of journal article: O'Connor P (1997) 'The Racial Discrimination Act and native title', AIJA briefing, Autumn, no. 36, pp. 1-4.
• Pages 9-14 of AWD Australia newsletter with includes book reviews by Noel Preston, 197?. Newsletter has name and address of Muriel Langford.
• Photocopied from Quaker News, an article on the Native Title Act, March 1997.
• Registration form for the AWP National Conference, July 1997.
• Photocopy of article: Wadjularbinna (1977) ‘My Story’, On being, March, pp. 24-27. (Removed from the TEAR Information Pack?).
• Photocopy of article: Preece, G (1977) ‘Cross out’, On being, March, pp. 18-22.
• Possible conference paper titled 'Finding our way through the fog ... Whose land is it anyway' by Neil Hockey, 2 Aug 1997. Looks to be incomplete. Handwritten in top left-hand corner: Neil Hockey.
• Faxed copy, 3 pages, of 'A Joint statement of concern : "Wik response must not undermine or contravene racial discrimination act", fax sent 1997. (Removed from the TEAR Information Pack?).
• Faxed copy, 3 pages, of 'Summary of ACF [Australian Conversation Foundation] Concerns - proposed 10-point plan on native title', fax sent 1997. (Removed from the TEAR Information Pack?).
• Incomplete faxed? copy, of 'Aboriginal 10 point plan for native title on family pastoral leases' undated. (Removed from the TEAR Information Pack?).
• Incomplete faxed? copy, from NIWG [National Indigenous Working Group on Native Title (Australia)], Tuesday 15 Apr 1977, of 'Coexistence - negotiation and certainty. Executive summary', pp. 2-3.
• Flyer, 2 pages, from ACFOA [Australian Council for Overseas Aid] (1997) 'Understanding Aboriginal Land Rights in 1997', Native Title Briefing Paper, no. 1. (Removed from the TEAR Information Pack?).
• Flyer, 2 pages, from Community Aid Abroad, WIK!: What the Wik decision means, 1997. (Removed from the TEAR Information Pack?).
• Flyer, 2 pages, Fact Sheet from NIWG [National Indigenous Working Group on Native Title (Australia)], '6. Development agreements on native title lands - 'win-win' solutions', 1997. (Removed from the TEAR Information Pack?).
• First two pages from the TEAR Native Title / Reconciliation Information pack, 1997.
• Program, 1 leaf, for the official opening of the Aboriginal and Islander Community Health Service Brisbane Ltd, undated,
• Flyer, 1 leaf, for the Blue Paper Project, undated
• Two page advertisement for the Jardine Motel on Thursday Island, early 1990s?
• Photocopy of artwork Judgement by his peers by Gordon Syron; 2 pages; handwritten on reverse 'Elaine Darling'.
• Cover page from Q'ld AWD newsletter, 1988 no. 1.
• Photocopy of a flyer 'Join in the action around EXPO', 1988.
• Photocopy of handwritten list of nine points 'Influencing public opinion' by Mark Hayes, undated.
• Photocopy (incomplete?) of: Minchin N (1997) The ten point plan : Federal Government's response to the Wik decision / prepared by Senator the Hon. Nick Minchin, Parliamentary Secretary to the Prime Minister, 4 June 1997.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Box 2 Folders 7-8
After reappraisal and rehousing, some published items have been removed from various folders and are in this Series, due to copyright issues. Copyright rests with the respective creators/publishers. Some published material has been used to gap fill current journal runs or has been catalogued into the published collection.
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Created, Linda Justo, 6-Sep-2023.