Showing 20 results

Archival description
Vibert McKirdy Brown Architectural Drawings File English
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Exchange Hotel, Mossman

After a cyclone in 1934 damaged the original Exchange Hotel in Mossman (North Queensland), V.M. Brown designed, for Mrs T. Nugent, the second Exchange Hotel. It was built from 1934 to 1935. The Exchange Hotel, located on 2 Front Street in Mossman, was added to the Queensland Heritage Register on 9 November 2012. This file has seven architectural plan for the proposed hotel.

Bolands Ltd, Spence St, Cairns Extensions

The original Bolands Centre (which was heritage listed in 2006) was built in 1912-1913 on the corner of Lake and Spence Streets in Cairns. In 1936-1937 the store was extended to the east (along Spence Street). This two-storey extension was designed by Vibert McKirdy Brown. This file consists of thirteen architectural plans for that extension.

Jack and Newell Pty Ltd Store, Mossman

Four architectural plans for the new premises at Mossman for Messrs Jack and Newell Pty Ltd. According to one of the plans, it was on the corner of Junction Road and Main Street. (There is no longer a Main Street in Mossman, however it might now be Mill Street). William (Willie) Jack and John Newell opened their own wharf in Port Douglas in 1880. This was the same year Willie Jack opened his first store in Herberton. In 1901 they opened a general store in Mossman, near the Queens Hotel. In the 1930s the Jack and Newell store was rebuilt in concrete block. These plans look like the current building trading as Mossman Home Hardware (on 2 Mill Street).

Results 1 to 10 of 20