10 plans, ink line drawings on tracing paper, for renovations to Main Building (now known as Forgan Smith Building). Stage 1 comprises 5 drawings for the Law and the Thomas Thatcher Memorial Libraries with drawing numbers A1/54 to A1/58, dated Aug to Sep 1965. The Thatcher Library, established in 1948, provided services for distance education and closed in 1993. Stage 2 comprises 3 drawings for the area between the Library and Arts entrance with drawing numbers A1/59 to A1/61. There is a plan for the Language laboratory which has no job number or details in title block. The final plan is Job A1/32 Proposed mezzanine floor to printery (Library basement): Architectural plan, ink line drawing on tracing paper, 38 x 70 cm; title block has University Architect J.P. Birrell; Job/drawing number A1/32; no date.
The Shapcott press was on the lower ground floor of Main Library. During the extension to Main Library there was discussion that the printery could be housed on the bottom floor of the Main Building. This last plan seems to reflect that idea. When Main Library was extended the Printery was moved to the Industrial Centre Building, located on the corner of Services Road and Hood Street.