Hennessy, Hennessy and Co.

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Hennessy, Hennessy and Co.

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Hennessy, Hennessy & Co.
  • Hennessy and Hennessy

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence



John Francis (Jack) Hennessy (1853–1924) went into partnership in an architectural practice in 1912 with his son, also named John Francis (Jack) Hennessy (1887-1955). The firm became known Hennessy & Hennessy and operated between 1912-1967. In 1924 Hennessy senior retired and the firm continued under the name of Hennessy & Hennessy and as well as Hennessy, Hennessy & Co. One of the major projects of the firm was the Great Court at the University of Queensland.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points


Control area

Authority record identifier


Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used



Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Revised, Linda Justo, 15-May-2020




Rod Howard, 'Hennessy, John Francis (Jack) (1853–1924)', Australian Dictionary of Biography, National Centre of Biography, Australian National University, accessed online 15 May 2020. -- 'Hennessy and Hennessy', Artefects.co.az, accessed online 15 May 2020. -- East, John (2014). Jack F Hennessy, architect of the Great Court at The University of Queensland. Fryer folios 9 (1) 15-19.

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places