- 1936-1937. (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
10 drawings ; 58 x 46 cm and smaller.
Name of creator
John Francis (Jack) Hennessy (1853–1924) went into partnership in an architectural practice in 1912 with his son, also named John Francis (Jack) Hennessy (1887-1955). The firm became known Hennessy & Hennessy and operated between 1912-1967. In 1924 Hennessy senior retired and the firm continued under the name of Hennessy & Hennessy and as well as Hennessy, Hennessy & Co. One of the major projects of the firm was the Great Court at the University of Queensland.
Previously titled: Architectural drawings, 1936-1937.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Copies of architectural drawings of the University of Queensland. Accompanied by an article from 'Building', 12 Oct 1936 with information about the plans and the early St. Lucia site, donated by Peter Brown of the St. Lucia History Group. Includes photocopy of the design for sandblasted ceiling for the glass dome of the Library building (which was never executed).
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Alma MMS ID
Millennium Local System Number
Libraries Australia ID
Place access points
Name access points
- Hennessy, Hennessy and Co. (Subject)
- University of Queensland (Subject)
- University of Queensland Library (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Revised, Linda Justo, 1-Feb-2022. Migrated from LMS: April 2019, P.A.