Conrad & Gargett

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Conrad & Gargett

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Conrad and Gargett
  • Conrad Gargett

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1890-

History

Charles McLay became Henry Atkinson’s first partner in 1907 and their partnership flourished with both residential and commercial work. Arnold Conrad joined the firm in 1912, with Brenan Gargett joining the firm just before the start of the First World War. Upon Charles McLay’s death, Arnold Conrad became Atkinson’s new partner, and Brenan Garget became a full partner in 1939 after Henry Atkinson retired. The architectural work of the firm includes Trades Hall, McWhirter and Son, Craigston Apartments, the Courier Mail Building, and the Empire (later St. James) Theatre in Albert Street.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Revised

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Revised by Linda Justo on 8-Jan-2020 (not all data migrated)

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places