UQFL84-Series A-Subseries 3-File 3
- 1960s-1970s (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This file contains 16 speeches or reports and notes by, or attributed to, Kath Walker. They are:
- Speech beginning, "I grew up on Stradbroke Island.."
- '20th Century Aborigines'
- 'Re Aboriginal Voting in Queensland : an Aborigines Point of View'
- 'Powerless Australians'
- 'International Women's Day : re Equality, Development and Peace'
- 'The Ethnic Problem in Australia'
- 'Political rights for Aborigines', F.C.A.A.T.S.I. Conference
- 'Black and White Power in Queensland : An Open Letter to the People of Australia'
- 'Moreton Island'
- 'Teachers notes: more contemporary Australian poets. Speak no. 2. Kath Walker.'
- Handwritten notes and transcript beginning, "Mr Elliott, Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome. Thank you for coming here tonight to demonstrate your interest in, and concern, for Stradbroke."
- Review of book by Kevin Gilbert Because a white man'll never do it by Kath Walker.
- 'Australian one-act plays : a select list' [by Kath Walker] with annotations.
- 'Kath Walker Transcript' of cassette from Cinetel Productions (9 leaves)
- Unruled notepad with handwritten notes for speech or report about the Queensland Branch of the Australian Labor Party, Women, Migrants, Aborigines and Youth. Notepad begins with unrelated notes such as shopping lists.
There are also 8 loose pages which may belong to speeches in this subseries.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Order imposed by processing archivist
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Box 2, Folder 5
Prior to rearrangement in March 2020, most of this material was housed in Box 30
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Created, Linda Justo 26-Feb-2020