- ca.1845-ca. 2019 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
7 boxes, 1 album, 2 parcels, 1 oversize folder
Name of creator
Collection previously titled as: Papers, [ca.1845]-2001
Collection alternatively titled as: Bell Family Collection.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Photographs, correspondence, diaries, journals, newspaper cuttings, personal papers relating to the Bell Family, Jimbour Station, various Bell Family properties, Jimbour House, and its occupants.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Intellectual arrangment does not match physical arrangement. This collection has been rearranged in 2021 to move photographs to separate housing. Box, folder and item numbering from previous years not indicated in the 2021 rearrangement.
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Pre-1955 photographs: copyright expired.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
This collection has been cited in: Schmidt, Robyn Joanne (1973). Joshua P. Bell as a reflection of the pure merinos in Queensland 1860-1880. Honours Thesis, The University of Queensland, School of History, Politics, Religion & Classics.
Material in this collection may contain culturally sensitive words or descriptions.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are warned that this collection may contain images of Aboriginal and Islander people now deceased.
Alma MMS ID
Millennium Local System Number
Libraries Australia ID
Place access points
Name access points
- Bell family (Subject)
- Jimbour House (Dalby, Qld.) (Subject)
- Bell, Thomas, 1798-1872 (Subject)
- Bell, Sarah, 1803-1853 (Subject)
- Bell, Joshua Peter, 1827-1881 (Subject)
- Bell, John Alexander, 1829-1901 (Subject)
- Bell, Marmaduke Alexander Thomas, 1867-1953? (Subject)
- Bell, Maida Isabella Sarah, 1872-1942 (Subject)
- Bell, Margaret Miller, 1841-1914 (Subject)
- Bell, Joshua Thomas, 1863-1911 (Subject)
- Bell, Catherine Jane, 1867-1943 (Subject)
- Bell, Joshua Peter Ferguson, 1907-1997 (Subject)
- Bell, Margot Margaret Maxwell, 1908-1929 (Subject)
- Bell, Colin Basil Peter, 1867-1934 (Subject)
- Bell, Theodora Sybil Frances, 1877-1945. (Subject)
- Bell, Colin Basil Peter, 1902-1976 (Subject)
- Bell, Francis Needham, 1909-1989 (Subject)
- Bell, Oswald Marmaduke Dalby, 1871-1947 (Subject)
- Bell, Marmaduke Charles Alexander, 1880-1942 (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Revised, Linda Justo, 18-Aug-2021. Migrated from LMS: April 2019, P.A.