- 1930-1986 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1 parcel, approximately 1500 plans.
Name of creator
Frank Cullen was a pupil of Hennessy, Hennessy and Co from 1928, after which he was employed by the Queensland Government as a draftsman from 1933-1934. He became assistant architect with H.V. M. Brown, Mackay from 1934-5 and then after qualification as an architect in 1936 entered into partnership as Cullen and Egan from 1937-1941.
Name of creator
Frank Leo Cullen and Desmond Egan practiced as Cullen and Egan in Brisbane from 1937 to 1941. According to the Digital Archive of Queensland Architecture: "Principal partners with Frank Cullen until his retirement in 1980, were Arthur Fagg (working with Cullen from 1953-1975), Cec Hargraves (1954-55, and 1958-1980) Keith Mooney (1959-1980) and his son Tony Cullen (1970s)."
Collection previously titled as: Architectural drawings, [1930 - 1986]
Collection alternatively titled as: Frank L Cullen Collection.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Architectural plans and drawings from the firm of Cullen and Partners. Many of the drawings are for Roman Catholic churches and schools in the Brisbane area, also includes hotels, commercial buildings and residences in Queensland.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Parcel 1: indexes to jobs (3 vols).
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Alma MMS ID
Millennium Local System Number
Libraries Australia ID
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Migrated from LMS: April 2019, P.A.