Showing 241 results

Archival description
University of Queensland
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Margaret and Leslie Boyce Papers

  • UQFL605
  • Collection
  • 1897-2015

Biographical material, school records, war service papers, family photographs, travel diaries and photographs, travel ephemera. Records relating to the Boyce Gardens at 6 Range Street, Toowoomba, and the bequest of the gardens to the University of Queensland. Records relating to the administration of the Gardens.

Boyce, Leslie Atherton Gerard, 1897-1988

Rhyl Hinwood Papers

  • UQFL553
  • Collection
  • 1973-2013

Job files, correspondence, photographs, slides, publications.

Hinwood, Rhyl, 1940-

Brit Andresen Papers

  • UQFL533
  • Collection
  • 1966-2011

Research papers, photographs, slides, and drawings of residential and religious buildings. Collection includes drawings by Brit Andresen, Peter O'Gorman, Michael Keniger and University of Queensland architectural students.

Andresen, Brit, 1945-

F. D. O. Fielding Papers

  • UQFL126
  • Collection
  • 1969-2014

Correspondence; articles, newspaper cuttings; newsletters; press releases from Queensland Council for Civil Liberties; University Senate correspondence including minutes and agendas; papers from the Senate Review of Academic Organisation of the University; reports including the Committee of Inquiry into the Development of Pharmacology in the University of Queensland; papers including a history of the Thirty Club meetings from 1921 to 1982.

Fielding, F. D. O. (Fred Derek Osmond), 1929-2014

Job A43 Geology Annex, University of Queensland [Unbuilt]

The Geology Annex was submitted with the proposals for the Chemistry Annex and the Western Arts Building to the Australian Universities Commission (A.U.C.) in 1965, and rejected. It was to be situated behind the exiting Geology building, along Circular Drive (now named Staff House Road) between the Physics Annex and the bookshop. It was designed with basement, ground and first to fifth floors. It was resubmitted to the A.U.C. in 1966 and rejected again. This file comprises 16 plans for the proposed geology annex, including pilot plans, elevation, perspective views, floor plans for each level, as well a master planning conception drawing, massing considerations drawing and sketches of Geology annex view from Lake, the North East and from within the court (or intimate space as referred to on one of the concept drawings). One pilot plan dated March 1965.

Proposed Western Arts Building, University of Queensland [Unbuilt]

The Western Arts Building was designed to be geometrically related to the existing surrounding buildings forming a visual relation across Mill Road. It was to sit back from the western end of Main Building (Forgan Smith), linked by a cloister. The pilot plan for the proposed Western Arts Building designed by Birrell was submitted to the Australian Universities Commission (A.U.C.) in 1965 and rejected. Birrell's design was a break from the original design by Hennessy and Hennessy who were eventually commissioned as architects for the Western Arts building (Mitchie Building) on 16 March 1967.

This file consists of 35 plans for proposed New Western Arts building on the St. Lucia campus. Includes: site plans and presentation sketches for floor plans and perspectives.

Geology Annexe, Chemistry Annexe and Western Arts Building [Unbuilt]

The Geology Annex, the Chemistry Annexe and the Western Arts Building were part of a master planning concept. They shared the structural and construction concept developed by Birrell and Antony Tod (structural engineer). None of the proposals were built.

Birrell, James, 1928-

South eastern region of Chemistry Building, University of Queensland [Unbuilt]

The proposed Chemistry Annex was to be situated along Circular Drive (now Staff House Road) sitting in a small vacant piece of land adjacent to two wings of the Chemistry building, beside the bookshop, about where the current Global Change Institute sits. These three plans are of the existing chemistry building and are dated, 3rd, 5th and 7th October 1964.

Job A2 Main Library alterations, University of Queensland

Main Library was part of the Great Court buildings designed by Hennessy and Hennessy in 1935-1936. It consisted of two floors with a glass ceiling in the light well in the centre. Main Building was designed to be extended with an additional three floors, with high ceilings and a large light well in the centre. When the Library had insufficient space for students and books it was decided to go ahead with the extension of three more floors, as specified by Hennessy and Hennessy. Birrell proposed five additional floors instead of the three, the installation of passenger lifts, fluorescent lighting, and air-conditioning. Birrell was responsible for the internal arrangement and finishes. This file comprises 15 plans for alterations and additions to Main Library. Includes: sketch of lower ground floor (now Level 1), working drawings for 1st to 5th floors (now Level 3 to Level 7), stair details and compactus shelving.

Main Library was later known as Undergraduate Library; with the construction of Central Library in 1971 its name was changed to Duhig Building; and later, around 2000, to Duhig Tower.

Birrell, James, 1928-

Results 231 to 240 of 241