Includes brief historical summary with acknowledgment to Neville Lund, and annotated floor plan of the building.
Bishopsbourne was the home of the Anglican Bishops and Archibishops of Brisbane from 1868 to 1964. Old Bishopsbourne [now St Francis Theological College] includes a 1912 Robin Dods designed stone chapel, 1930s terracing and a number of buildings associated with St Francis Theological College Milton [from 1936]. It is significant historically as one of the oldest ecclesiastical precincts in Queensland. The two-storeyed stone residence was constructed by architect Benjamin Backhouse in 1865-68 for Edward Tufnell, the first Anglican Bishop of Brisbane.