Showing 43 results

Archival description
Architecture, Domestic -- Queensland -- Designs and plans
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Dr Evan Edwards Papers

  • UQFL624
  • Collection
  • 1965-1974.

One folder of correspondence and 23 architectural plans relating to the renovations and alterations to the house 'Bryntirion', Wickham Tce, Spring Hill. In 1965, Dr Evan Edwards engaged architects E P and A I Trewern to renovate sections the family home, 'Bryntirion', at 287 Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill. The original house was designed by James Furnival for Edward Barton Southerden and built in 1861 with subsequent extensions. In 1882 it was sold to Richard Edwards who gave the house its Welsh name. Edwards was a partner in the drapery firm Edwards & Chapman, and a director of Telegraph newspapers for thirty years. Edwards died in 1915 and the house remained in the family, occupied by his grandchildren and used as a doctor's surgery. It was added to the Queensland Heritage Register on 17 December 1993.

Edwards, Evan

John Railton Papers

  • UQFL615
  • Collection
  • 1963-1997

Photographs, typescript notes, handwritten notes and newspaper cuttings relating to Railton’s architectural practice in Australia and the United States of America.

Railton, J. (John)

John Hingeston Buckeridge Papers

  • UQFL613
  • Collection
  • 1873-1924

Drawings, photographs, personal papers, architectural plans.

Buckeridge, John Hingeston, 1857-1934

House at Taringa for George Marchant

Described in newspapers at the time as a ‘palatial residence’, 'Montrose', was designed by Queensland architect Walter Carey Voller for George Marchant (the philanthropist and soft drink manufacturer). Its features included: 5 acres bordering Swan’s (now Swann), Wilson (now Whitmore St.) and Indooroopilly Roads; large main bedroom with ensuite and walk in robe; bedrooms 2 and 3 with shared bathroom and built in robes; 4 meter high ceilings throughout most of the home; kitchen that opened on to two verandas, and had two walk in pantries; servant quarters; downstairs laundry and bathroom; and verandas around the entire house overlooking Brisbane city and river, Tambourine Mountain, and Mt. Coot-tha. Designed and built around in 1902-1903, Marchant gifted ‘Montrose’ to the Queensland School of Crippled Children in 1933; and in 1938 it was transformed into the King George V. Memorial Home for Returned Sailors and Soldiers (later the RSL). Called ‘Kingshome’, the RSL eventual sold the land for the development of the Kingsholme apartments. This architectual drawing has the floor plans and elevations.

Brit Andresen Papers

  • UQFL533
  • Collection
  • 1966-2011

Research papers, photographs, slides, and drawings of residential and religious buildings. Collection includes drawings by Brit Andresen, Peter O'Gorman, Michael Keniger and University of Queensland architectural students.

Andresen, Brit, 1945-

Maurice Hurst Papers

  • UQFL523
  • Collection
  • 1949-2002

Architectural plans and drawings, photographs, display boards, publications.

Hurst, Maurice, 1929-2003

John Dalton Papers

  • UQFL499
  • Collection
  • 1960-1987

Architectural drawings, design boards, notes, correspondence, slides and photographs. Includes material relating to The University of Queensland Vice Chancellor’s Residence,1979 to 2000.

Dalton, John

Geoffrey Luck Papers

  • UQFL465
  • Collection
  • 1935-2013

Architectural plan, photographs, and research notes. The Luck family home at 50 Stephen Street, Camp Hill, Brisbane was designed by architect Arthur W F Bligh and built in about 1935.

Luck, Geoffrey, 1931-

Results 1 to 10 of 43