Showing 169 results

Archival description
Subseries
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Queensland National Art Gallery

Daphne Mayo was part of the Queensland National Art Gallery Education Committee, Queensland Combined Art Committee, and trustee of the Queensland Art Gallery. As a Trustee of the Godfrey Rivers Trust she played a substantial and active role in procuring art works for the Gallery.

Queensland Art Gallery

Property records

Ledgers with expenses and income from rental property from 1937 to 1959, most of which were probably kept by her father until his death in 1954 and then by mother and/or Daphne. Ledgers kept by Daphne Mayo from 1960 to 1965 incorporate income and expenses for property, dividends and her profession. Folders contain correspondence, notes, invoices and receipts, and rental books for property in Highgate Hill, Brisbane.

Writings, notes and documents

The subseries has the drafts, notes and typescript of Vida Lahey :artist written by Daphne Mayo under the pseudonym of Lilian Macarthur; permits; identiifcation documents; ephemera; personal documents; handwritten notes, writings, scribblings and copious lists for all areas of her life.

North Stradbroke Island

Papers relating to North Stradbroke Island reflect Kath's involvement in issues such as opposition to sand-mining on the island, and opposition to a proposed bridge connecting North Stradbroke Island with the mainland. There is research material, publications, and correspondence.

New Industrial Centre at University of Queensland St. Lucia.

Contains 22 plans for the Contract drawing, New Industrial Centre at University of Queensland St. Lucia. Brisbane for the Co-Ordinator General's Dept, (Oct 1963), and includes: site and drainage plan, floor plans, roof plan, elevations, concrete details, steel details, furniture details, and the Gardener's Shed (Nov 1963). The drawings were done by James P. Birrell in association with Peter D. Heathwood. The plans for the industrial centre included the Maintenance shops, printery, amenities and transport building. It is located on the corner of Services Road and Hood Street. The Gardener's Shed is located on the other side of Hood Street.

Birrell, James, 1928-

J.D. Story Building, University of Queensland

Prior to the construction of the J.D. Story Administration Building, University administration facilities had been housed within Main Building (now know as the Forgan Smith Building). Main Building had undergone many alterations in response to the changing needs of the university administration. In 1959 the Senate decided a new Administration Building should be built. Other building priorities delayed designs being drawn up. In 1962 plans were submitted to the Australian Universities Commission (A.U.C.). Changes requested by the A.U.C. delayed construction which was to be a two stage process: Stage One was completed in October 1965 and Stage Two in October 1966. Plans include: site plans, window details, detail of senate table, floor plans, electrical services plans, roof plans.

There are 6 volumes (sets/presentation volume/office copy sets) with plans as well as individual plans; the total number of plans for this building in this subseries are 281. Not all have been created by James Birrell.

Job A1 Renovations to Main Building, University of Queensland

10 plans, ink line drawings on tracing paper, for renovations to Main Building (now known as Forgan Smith Building). Stage 1 comprises 5 drawings for the Law and the Thomas Thatcher Memorial Libraries with drawing numbers A1/54 to A1/58, dated Aug to Sep 1965. The Thatcher Library, established in 1948, provided services for distance education and closed in 1993. Stage 2 comprises 3 drawings for the area between the Library and Arts entrance with drawing numbers A1/59 to A1/61. There is a plan for the Language laboratory which has no job number or details in title block. The final plan is Job A1/32 Proposed mezzanine floor to printery (Library basement): Architectural plan, ink line drawing on tracing paper, 38 x 70 cm; title block has University Architect J.P. Birrell; Job/drawing number A1/32; no date.

The Shapcott press was on the lower ground floor of Main Library. During the extension to Main Library there was discussion that the printery could be housed on the bottom floor of the Main Building. This last plan seems to reflect that idea. When Main Library was extended the Printery was moved to the Industrial Centre Building, located on the corner of Services Road and Hood Street.

Birrell, James, 1928-

Results 41 to 50 of 169