Showing 14 results

Archival description
Church buildings -- Queensland -- Designs and plans English
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Ian Ferrier Architectural Drawings

  • UQFL641
  • Collection
  • 1935-1987

Architectural drawings relating to projects undertaken by Ian Ferrier, architect, with various iterations of his architectural firm, A Ian Ferrier and Associates, generally for the Catholic Church in Queensland.

Ferrier, Alexander Ian, 1928-2000

Job 357 - St Finbarr's Church, Quilpie

Fifteen architectural drawings for St Finbarr's Church, Quilpie, by A. Ian Ferrier and Associates including sketch floor plan, section and perspectives, working floor plans, site plans, elevations, sections and glazing schedule, and undated joinery details and elevations.

Brit Andresen Papers

  • UQFL533
  • Collection
  • 1966-2011

Research papers, photographs, slides, and drawings of residential and religious buildings. Collection includes drawings by Brit Andresen, Peter O'Gorman, Michael Keniger and University of Queensland architectural students.

Andresen, Brit, 1945-

New Archbishop's Chapel at 'Farsley', Eldernell Tce, Hamilton

Three ink line drawings on paper. From the Title Block: AH Conrad & TBF Gargett. Client: Anglican diocese of Brisbane. Brief: Design and documentation. Completed during Thiedeke's fourth year (of a six year course) of architectural studies with the firm AH Conrad & TBF Gargett (aka Conrad Gargett). Conrad Gargett practised active engagement and on site training for their intern students. This was Thiedeke's first project from concept to finished building, including specification and contract administration. It was influenced by Frank Lloyd Wright. It received an Enduring Architecture award in 2018. The structure was steel frame, stone clad walls and copper roof sheeting. It was built in 1964. Also called the Chapel of the Good Shepherd, it is at 39 Eldernell Terrace, Hamilton, Queensland.

Thiedeke, Graeme, 1942-

Religious facilities

Architectural plans of various religious buildings designed by Vibert McKirdy Brown in the North Queensland area. Buildings: Church and School, Presbytery and Convent for Saint Augustine, Mossman (North Queensland); Saint Joseph's Catholic Church and Convent at Atherton (North Queensland); Saint Thomas of Villanova Catholic Church, Mareeba (North Queensland);

Plans for Mary Immaculate Parish Complex

Three foolscap leaves of handwritten notes and fourteen architectural drawings of the Mary Immaculate Parish complex by Cardno and Davies Consulting Civil Engineers, Cullen Fagg Hargraves Mooney & Cullen, Cardno and Davies Australia Pty. Ltd., Hillhouse & Hillhouse Authorised and Engineering Surveyors, Jack P. Donoghue, and A. Ian Ferrier, Campbell and Struthers Pty. Ltd. Plans include structural plans for church ground improvements, site development plans, details and spot levels, contour survey, floor plans and perspectives.

Job 526 - St Joseph's Church, Gayndah

Twenty-one architectural drawings for Proposed Alterations to St Joseph's Church, Gayndah, including reference drawing, sketch plans including floor plans, sections, and elevations; working drawings including floor plans, sections, details; and joinery plans including an altar, sacristy, and furniture plans.

St. Vincents Church, Surfers Paradise

Comprises: Thirteen pencil line drawings on tracing paper, 26 x 36 cm and smaller, undated. Eight pencil/ink line drawings on tracing paper, 59 x 84 cm, 1985-1986, from the Title Block the architect and planners are the Heather Thiedeke Group, and the client is the Catholic Parish, Surfers Paradise. Seventeen ink line drawings on tracing paper, from the Title Block the architect and planners are the Heather Thiedeke Group, client is the Catholic Parish, Surfers Paradise.

Brief: Design and Documentation. The original St. Vincents church in Surfers Paradise was demolished when the main Parish church moved to Broadbeach Waters and became The Sacred Heart Church. A new St. Vincents church retained the inner city presence. It was built to a tight budget and severe site restrictions (ambient noise management). The structure used tilt panel walls (then a new technology). This plan also featured a radial layout with a sloping floor for optimum visibility.

Includes: Project no. 63.06, working drawings, sequentially numbered WD.01 to WD.013 and WD.18, for landscaping, floor plan, roof plan, details, sections, elevations, internal elevation, window schedule and furniture details.

Thiedeke, Graeme, 1942-

Results 1 to 10 of 14