- UQFL84-Series A-Subseries 3-File 3
Part of Oodgeroo Noonuccal Papers
This file contains 16 speeches or reports and notes by, or attributed to, Kath Walker. They are:
- Speech beginning, "I grew up on Stradbroke Island.."
- '20th Century Aborigines'
- 'Re Aboriginal Voting in Queensland : an Aborigines Point of View'
- 'Powerless Australians'
- 'International Women's Day : re Equality, Development and Peace'
- 'The Ethnic Problem in Australia'
- 'Political rights for Aborigines', F.C.A.A.T.S.I. Conference
- 'Black and White Power in Queensland : An Open Letter to the People of Australia'
- 'Moreton Island'
- 'Teachers notes: more contemporary Australian poets. Speak no. 2. Kath Walker.'
- Handwritten notes and transcript beginning, "Mr Elliott, Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome. Thank you for coming here tonight to demonstrate your interest in, and concern, for Stradbroke."
- Review of book by Kevin Gilbert Because a white man'll never do it by Kath Walker.
- 'Australian one-act plays : a select list' [by Kath Walker] with annotations.
- 'Kath Walker Transcript' of cassette from Cinetel Productions (9 leaves)
- Unruled notepad with handwritten notes for speech or report about the Queensland Branch of the Australian Labor Party, Women, Migrants, Aborigines and Youth. Notepad begins with unrelated notes such as shopping lists.
There are also 8 loose pages which may belong to speeches in this subseries.