Print preview Close

Showing 1916 results

Archival description
File
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

University College of Townsville, Master plan and First Hall of Residence

Correspondence (incoming and outgoing) related to the Master Plan for Townsville University (known as James Cook University) and for the First Hall of Residence, University College of Townsville, University of Queensland. These designs began when James Birrell was University Architect for the University of Queensland and continued when he went into private practice as James Birrell and Partners. The bulk of the correspondence is from the firm James Birrell and Partners. There are eight folders in this file spanning years 1962 to 1968.

Birrell, James, 1928-

Job A2 Main Library alterations, University of Queensland

Correspondence relating to the construction of extensions to Main Library, University of Queensland St Lucia; dated 13 Sep 1961 to 7 Jul 1966. Main Library was later known as Undergraduate Library; with the construction of Central Library in 1971 its name was changed to Duhig Building; and later, around 2000, to Duhig Tower. Correspondence in this file has been decanted from a large binder.

File no. 496 Residence, Glencairn Avenue South, Indooroopilly

29 plans for a residential building for a Mr. T.C. Lyon; dated 5 Jan 1960; and includes: 2 plans on cartridge paper, 27 tissue, various sizes, showing floor plan, fireplace, sliding doors, steps and wrought iron railings, balcony flooring, bar, servery, bathroom, wardrobes and cupboards, doors.

File no. 473 City Congregational Church

The City Congregational church became the Ann Street City Uniting Church from 1948 to 1981 when it closed to join the Saint Andrew's Uniting Church. In this file there are two plans by the architectural firm Cook & Kerrison for the existing premises at Ann St from March 1956, which may have been used by Scorer and Score for File 473. There are 65 plans by Scorer and Scorer for alterations and additions for the City Congregational Church at 448 Ann Street and includes: working drawings of alterations and additions, floor plans, detail of pulpit, pews, paneling.

Scorer and Scorer

File no. 493 Central Methodist Church Parsonage

In 1958 Scorer and Scorer worked on the parsonage for the Central Methodist Church in Ipswich which was previously known as a Wesleyan Chapel and is now part of the Uniting Church in Australia.

The first section of The Wesley Uniting Church was built in 1858 as the Wesleyan Chapel. A two-storey parsonage was built to the north of the church in 1864 and was extended forward and very extensively altered in 1958 to convert it to offices known as Wyvern House. In 1958 a second parsonage (now a day respite care centre) was designed by architect Fred Scorer.

There are two sets of plans relating to the Central Methodist Church. The first set of 19 plans have the file no. 493, are dated 15 Aug 1957 and include: small tissue plans showing cupboards, floor plan, sliding doors, gates, doors, working drawing, and electrical installation.

The second set of 50 architectural drawings have the file no. 493, are dated Mar 1958 and are working drawings.

Frederick Scorer thesis

5 designs for the remodelling of railway station and envrions in Newcastle; 2 plans are dated Sep 1933 and 3 plans are dated Jan 1934; all plans are by F.A. Scorer. Accompanied by a thesis "On remodeling railway and environs, city of Newscastle' by F.A. Scorer dated Jan 1934, 10 pages.

Scorer and Scorer

Results 41 to 50 of 1916