Four architectural plans for the new premises at Mossman for Messrs Jack and Newell Pty Ltd. According to one of the plans, it was on the corner of Junction Road and Main Street. (There is no longer a Main Street in Mossman, however it might now be Mill Street). William (Willie) Jack and John Newell opened their own wharf in Port Douglas in 1880. This was the same year Willie Jack opened his first store in Herberton. In 1901 they opened a general store in Mossman, near the Queens Hotel. In the 1930s the Jack and Newell store was rebuilt in concrete block. These plans look like the current building trading as Mossman Home Hardware (on 2 Mill Street).