- ca. 1880-ca. 1907
Album (23 x 28 cm) of sepia photographs (15 x 21 cm and smaller) mounted on board. Indooroopilly was first settled by Europeans in 1860 when H. C. Rawnsley purchased land south of Witton Creek. Rawnsley built the first house in the area, Witton Manor, in 1861, on the site of the present Nudgee Junior College. It was later owned by Andrew Bogle. The holding covered an area of over 70 acres with extensive river frontages. Witton Manor was later owned by Herbert Brealey Hemming, who purchased the property "Tighnabruaich" in 1904. He moved Witton Manor to the grounds of "Tighnabruaich" from its original site further upstream at Indooroopilly between 1916 and 1919, and renamed it Witton House. Hemming resided at Witton House from c1919 until c1938.
Album bound in red leather and in fragile condition. Photographs are not captioned; inscribed inside front cover "Andrew Bogle, owner of Witton Manor, circa 1880-circa 1907".