Showing 20 resultsArchival description
- UQFL222-Series E-File 1
Twenty architectural plans for buildings and additions to the Atherton Hospital. The hospital, which was built in the first decade of the 20th century, is located on the corner of Jack and Louise Streets in Atherton. In 1922 fund raising enabled the Committee of the Atherton District Hospital to decide of architectural plans for the building of new brick memorial wards to commemorate the Tablelands fallen men. These plans were designed by V.M. Brown. Throughout the 1920s and 1930s, Brown drew plans for new buildings and additions for Atherton Hospitals Board.
- UQFL222-Series A-Subseries 1-File 1
In 1932, the first parish priest appointed to the Mossman Church was Fr. Vignoles, OSA. The presbytery was opened on 11 December 1932. This file comprises the technical drawing for the presbytery.
- UQFL222-Series A-Subseries 4-File 1
Technical plan and blueprint of Plan of proposed R.C. Church at Mourilyan for Rev. Father Mount. O.S.A. Innisfail.
- UQFL222-Series C-File 1
After a cyclone in 1934 damaged the original Exchange Hotel in Mossman (North Queensland), V.M. Brown designed, for Mrs T. Nugent, the second Exchange Hotel. It was built from 1934 to 1935. The Exchange Hotel, located on 2 Front Street in Mossman, was added to the Queensland Heritage Register on 9 November 2012. This file has seven architectural plan for the proposed hotel.
- UQFL222-Series C-File 2
The Atherton Grand Hotel was first opened in 1933. This file contains 8 plans for the hotel located on the corner of Vernon and Main Streets in Atherton. One plan is dated 9 October 1932. In 1936 plans for additions to the Hotel were again designed by V.M. Brown. There are three plans for these additions, dated 1936 to 1939.
- UQFL222-Series A-Subseries 2-File 2
This file has two technical drawings for St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Atherton. The foundation stone for the church was laid on 25 January 1931 and was opened in June 1931.