Minute books, correspondence, annual reports, financial records including cash books, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, scrapbooks. Includes records of:
- Newspapers in which the Andrew Dunn acquired a controlling interest, 1887 - 1973.
- Dunn Family businesses, 1929 - 1968.
- Associated Press of Queensland, 1910 - 1916.
- Queensland Provincial Newspapers, 1937 - 1953
- Queensland Country Press Association 1910 - 1943.
- Queensland Country Press Ltd. 1914 - 1975.
- Regional Dailies of Australia (Qld Div.), previously Australian Provincial Daily Press Ltd (Qld Division) and Associated Dailies Information Service, 1953 - 1983.
- Provincial Newspapers (Qld) Ltd, 1968 - 1989.
- Newspapers acquired by PNQ, 1958 - 1975.
- Regional News Service, 1975 - 1982.
- Historical research papers, 1956 - ca. 1980.
The collection contains material relating to Queensland Country Press and in particular the Dunn family of Maryborough, Rockhampton and Toowoomba who initially traded as A. Dunn and Family and were incorporated in 1957 as A. Dunn and Company Pty. Ltd. They were substantial shareholders in Provincial Newspapers (Qld.) Ltd. which controlled nine regional daily newspapers.
Provincial Newspapers (Qld.) Ltd., 1968-1988