- 1888-1955. (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1 folders ; 30 cm.
Name of creator
Name of creator
The original theatre opened in Queen Street, Brisbane as Her Imperial Majesty's Opera House. The architect was Stombucco and Son. It was originally owned by G. Byrne & leased by C.H. Homes. Later leased by Harold Ashton it was reopened as His Majesty's Theatre, 23 March 1901. Rebuilt and reopened 30 March 1929, the architects were Cedric Ballantyne or George McLeish. It was later renamed Her Majesty's. The building was demolished in 1983. Prior to the building of the Queensland Performing Arts Complex it was the only Brisbane theatre stage that could accommodate the scenery of productions that toured from Melbourne or Sydney.
From the Fryer Library Theatre Programs.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This series contains material such as theatre programs, concert notes, invitations and ephemeral items relating to Australian theatres.
Her Imperial Majesty's Theatre [Brisbane]
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Place access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Migrated from LMS: April 2019, P.A.