- 1851-c1884. (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1 folder ; 30 cm.
Name of creator
Located on the corner of Queen and Creek Streets, Brisbane, it was one of the earliest buildings used for public performances. It was opened in October 1851 and was primarily used for educational presentations, but was also a venue for touring performers. It was rebuilt in 1866 and continued to be used until 1873 when it was sold to the Queensland National Bank. The School of Arts purchased the Servants Home in Ann Street, Brisbane and reopened in 1878 and continued to be used as a performance venue until 1884.
From the Fryer Library Theatre Programs.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This series contains material such as theatre programs, concert notes, invitations and ephemeral items relating to Australian theatres.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Alma MMS ID
Place access points
Name access points
- Brisbane School of Arts (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Migrated from LMS: April 2019, P.A.